Friday, May 15, 2009

So I almost forgot that this was VSN weekend over at Split Coast. Not that anyone I know really cares, but I enjoy it and it's one weekend every three months that I just get to play and create. Anyway.. I decided to write a few posts for the next couple of days while I was playing so that 1. I would have a few posts ;) 2. I wouldn't' have to try to remember all the ingredients for the cards :)
Here is my first creation of the evening.
The challenge was to make a non-traditional wedding card. My friend Cheryl got married this past Halloween and this card looks similar to the one that I made for her. Her wedding was by no means Halloween themed but I still had to give her a little bit of crap for having a wedding on Halloween :) (not that there's anything wrong with that!)

Ingredients: Inks- Versamark, Basic Black. Paper- Elegant Eggplant, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie. Stamps- Congrats, Booglie Eyes. Accessories - Cuttle Bug Embossing Folder, Dazzling Diamonds, White EP, 3/8" white Taffeta Ribbon.


Here is the next card that I made. The challenge was to only use red and black and a neutral of white. It's pretty simple and I still think it's missing something on the top but I just haven't figured out what it is yet... Maybe it will come to me later....

Ingredients: Inks- Basic Black, Real Red. Paper- Basic Black, Whisper White, Jackpot DSP. Stamps- Card Games. Accessories- Hodge Podge Hardware.


Here is the last card that I made for the evening. The challenge was to use only the colors so saffron, creamy caramel, and close to cocoa. Also there had to be some kind of musical symbol in the card. I don't really have too many stamp sets that have a musical theme to them so I cam up with this one....

Ingredients: Inks- Close to Cocoa, So Saffron, Basic Black, Bordering Blue, Chocolate Chip, Summer Sun. Paper- Close to Cocoa, So Saffron, Whisper White, Creamy Caramel. Stamps- Mini Mates, Birthday Beauty. Acessories - White gel Pen, Scallop Edge Punch.

Thanks for looking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment