Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Another challenge card...


This is my last "Appetizer" card I made for the Paper Chef VSN over at Splitcoast a few weeks ago. There is another round coming up on Saturday so we'll see what kind of creations I can come up with then! :) This card uses glossy card stock - something I haven't done much of - and the salted background technique. I think I have to practice this technique a little more to get the right affect. The glossy card stock is mounted on a Soft Suede card base. I used the Animal Stories stamp set and also the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set for the sentiment. The background colors are Crushed Curry, Melon Mambo, Rich Razzelberry, and Soft Suede. I used Stazon to stamp the animals. I also used the Word Window Punch and the Modern Label Punch and finished it off with some 5/8" polka-dot Soft Suede grosgrain ribbon.

Yesterday I made some cute welcome back cards for my co-workers. We start back to work here in a few weeks and I have lots of goodies planned for a welcome back goodie bag. Everyone likes to get presents right? I also finished one of two projects that I am making for my friend Angela who will soon have a new addition to her family. I will post pictures on those later.

Thanks for visiting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment