Monday, August 24, 2009

The first day of school...

Well today is the First day of the school year. In my class this year - as of the roster I received on Friday - I have 18 students. Every year, even though I am an adult, I still get the first day of school jitters. I know deep down that once everyone is in the room and I get started teaching that I will be fine, but still there is that little bit down deep that makes me nervous. This year I created some back to school gifts for my grade level PLC team. This card was made using a variety of things. I used my Cricut to create the letters here (I don't remember what cartridge I used at the moment.) All the other products on this card are from Stampin' Up! I used the rounded tab punch and the three flower punch to create the apple. I free handed the leafe and the stem. I used the primary lines wheel (retired). As far as paper I used Soft Suede, Garden Green, Real Red, Whisper White, and Basic Black.






This year I created some back to school gifts for my grade level PLC team. I got the idea for this bag from a local news show called Studio 5. This bag was made using refrigerator tubing for the handle with ribbon run through it, vinyl table cloth that you can pick up at Wal-Mart, some boondoggle cording, a Bind-It-All and some patterned cardstock. I used some Old Olive ribbon from Stampin' Up! and some patterned paper from DCWV. I made 5 of these bags - one for each member of my team and one for myself. Each bag was different. I put some really cute items inside each bag too.


Here is a pencil holder made out of more DCWV cardstock. I also used some Stampin' Up! Ballet Blue cardstock for this as well. In the bottom right corner you can see that I have used the Matchbox Messages stamp set from SU and also the circle, scallop circle punch, Old Olive ribbon and Top Note Die are from SU. I found the tutorial for this pencil holder here at the Kreative Jewels blog.








Here is the inside and outside of a little notepad that I made to put inside the vinyl bag. I got the notepads cut in half (they are the 5x8 size to start with) for a minimal fee at an office supply store. I used more of the same paper and ribbon to alter them.








I used the SU Matchbox Die to create this cute little Hershey's Nugget Holder. I am also going to use the same die and process to make about 50 more for a friend's bridal shower in the middle of September. That, I believe will be the next project.






Every time that I go to Target I check out the Dollar Spot. Sometimes you can find cute things to alter. I found some of these jumbo clothes pins there over the summer and thought they would be perfect on a desk to hold important notes and such. Here is the one that I altered to go with this bag. I used my adhesive to put the decor paper on both sides, tide some ribbon around it and viola!

I hope you have enjoyed my projects today. Leave a comment or two :)
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment