Monday, August 31, 2009

What's in a name?..... frame.......

This Wednesday is my first open house since last spring. Around here people are so busy during the summer with vacations and having people come to visit them that it's hard to get people together to stamp, let alone have a workshop or stamp camp. I'm pretty excited and am hoping that I get a decent turn out!

One of my friends had her first baby this summer. She was decorating the nursery in pink ladybugs. I had already gotten her a gift for her shower but thought I would make a little something for her actual birth. The first is a name frame that Angela could hang in Katie's room. I used my Cricut to cut out the letters with the Plantin Schoolbook Cartridge in Regal Rose. I then layered the letters on whisper white that I had stamped from the ladybug image from Darling Dots Stamp Set in Rose red and Regal Rose. I then mounted that on some more Regal Rose and then finally on some Rose Red. I had the frame from a previous name frame class that I had a while back.

I also made a family name frame for Angela and Kevin to hang in their house. I used the Well Worn alphabet and also the All in the Family and Family Accessories stamp sets. I used Stampin' Up! inks and markers for the coloring.

Finally the card that I made to go with it all I got off of Dawn's Blog here. She has a great video tutorial on how to make this card. I cased the one she made but just changed up the colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment