Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy 4th of July....

A day late I know but I have a really good reason this time! Tom came home from work on Friday morning complaining of belly pain. We both figured it was just a gassy feeling or something that he ate that was upsetting him. He slept and laid in bed all day and night until he had to go to work at 2am Saturday morning. He got up and said that he still wasn't feeling well but was going to go in to work anyway. He came home from work on Saturday morning around 10 (after messaging me a few times on his break saying he still didn't feel good) and said that the pain had moved to his right side. I figured we should take him in to Salt Lake (2 hours away by car) to get him checked out. We got to the ER and were immediately put in to a room. After taking his vitals they gave him some pain meds and some contrast "cocktail" to drink so they could to a CT. After waiting 2 hours for the contrast to make it though his system they finally did a CT. The surgeon came to see us within 15 to 20 minutes of him being back in the room and he had to have an emergency appendectomy. Afterwards the surgeon said he was really lucky that he didn't wait any longer. His appendix had not burst yet but if we would have waited much longer it may have. We spent Saturday and Sunday night in the hospital and finally got to come home today. Tom is feeling much better and aside from being sore from his incisions is moving around pretty well.
I did, however, have a card prepared to show for the 4th of July. I cased it from the new Idea Book and Catalog.
I used the colors Soft Suede, Night of Navy, Whisper White, and Cherry Cobbler. I just love that new red! It's so nice and dark. I used a star stamp from an old retired set - can't remember the name right now. The thank you phrase is from Teeny Tiny Wishes. I finished it off with some paper piercing. I forgot to put the little clip on it like in the catalog but I think it still looks alright without it :)

Hope you all had a fun and safe 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment