Saturday, July 21, 2012

A Reason To Smile....

Today I played with the sketch challenge from Pals Paper Arts.


I liked the simple layout of this card. For the base I used Raspberry Ripple card stock. I layered two patterns from the Floral District DSP pack. On the Daffodil Delight color I used the Chevron Embossing Folder to give it a little bit of texture. I then took a piece of Stamping Sponge and inked it up using Crumb Cake Ink to distress it a little to make the chevron pattern show up a little bit better. For the main image I used the Reason To Smile stamp set and stamped it in Stazon Black Ink. Then with an Aqua Painter, I water colored the flowers using Raspberry Ripple, Calypso Coral, Primrose Petals, and Daffodil Delight ink. I used the Made for You stamp for the sentiment in the middle of the flowers. I also used the smaller flower from Reason to Smile for the little accent flowers. Finally I used the all new Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack to paper pierce a line across the bottom.
Thanks for stopping by to check out my card. Please don't forget to leave a comment.

Happy Stamping!
~Randi

1 comment:

  1. This is such a sweet card! I love the color combo. The embossed DSP looks terrific too. Thanks for joining us at the Pals!

    ReplyDelete