Sunday, July 8, 2012

Colour Q #144

Here's my final card that I made this weekend while working on some challenges. This one is for the Colour Q challenge. Here was the inspiration piece we were supposed to use...
...and here is the card that I created using these colors...
Ink: Night of Navy, Calypso Coral, Poppy Parade (retired), Brocade Blue (retired)
Paper: Whisper White, Brocade Blue
Stamps: Pennant Parade
Accessories: Chevron Folder, Bakers Twine in Calypso Coral, Petite Pennant Punch

... it's a pretty simple card however I liked the empty space. I toyed around with the idea of doing another sentiment on the front of the card but I think that the wish big in the pennant flag says it all. I also loved this color challenge because I got to pull out a recently retired color, Poppy Parade, and a really old color, Brocade Blue. I don't think I ever would have put Calypso Coral with Night of Navy or Poppy Parade but I think it works lovely with both colors. Love it!

Thanks for stopping by to take a peek and don't forget to leave a comment!

Happy Stamping!
~Randi

2 comments:

  1. Love the pennant Randi! You did a fab job with the colors! Thanks so much for playing at the colourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card, Randi, your banner and embossing are beautiful! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete