Saturday, July 21, 2012

Hoop La La.....

As soon as I saw the Hoop La La stamp set in the new Idea Book and Catalog I knew I had to have it! I just love the cute little cross stitched images. I decided to finally use it today on this card for the Freshly Made Challenge for this week.
For this card I used a base of Crumb Cake card stock. I cut another slightly smaller piece of Crumb Cake card stock and used Crumb Cake Ink along with the In Stitches Jumbo Wheel to create the background. Then I used a piece of Stamping Sponge and the Crumb Cake Ink to ink around the edges of this piece and attached it to the card base. I used the hoop image from Hoop La La and stamped that on Whisper White that I cut out by hand using my Paper Snips. I then used the flower image and inked most of it up with my Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker, stamped off once, and then colored a few of the "x" with my Rich Razzleberry Stampin' Write Marker to make it look like some of the cross stitches had already been stitched. I had seen this on another card - unfortunately I can't remember where I saw it... If it was you let me know and I'll give you credit for it - and thought that it was a way super cute idea. I huffed (or breathed heavily) on the stamp to re-moisten the ink and then stamped it in the middle of my hoop image. I used my Basic Black and Rich Razzleberry Stampin' Write Markers to ink up the needle and thread stamp and put those on the hoop image as well. I cut circles out using the  Circle #2 Originals Die using Whisper White card stock and also a Rich Razzleberry piece of DSP from the Floral District DSP pack. I layered the circles together and adhered them to the card front. Before I stuck the larger circle on the card I pierced it using the new Essentials Paper Piercing Pack. I took a piece of Rich Razzleberry Satin Ribbon, tied it in the middle with  a piece of Linen Thread and then cut the edges in to "fish tails". I used the thank you image from the Itty Bitty Banners Stamp Set  inked up in Rich Razzleberry Ink to create the sentiment for the front of the card. I cut that out using the Big Shot and the Bitty Banners Framelits die and stuck that in the center of my ribbon.

Thank you for dropping by to check out my card. Don't forget to leave a comment! :)

Happy Stamping!
~Randi

6 comments:

  1. the cross stitch is really cool, is the other circle cross stiched as well or is that card stock

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karmann, Thanks for the comment! The other circle uses some Designer Series Paper from Stampin' Up!'s Floral District pack.

      Delete
  2. The cross stitch is a great idea, is the other circle cross stiched or is that just card stock

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I hadn't thought I'd want this set but you have made me reconsider. Love this hoop!! What a fun card! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really loving your stamped, stitched background. It gives your card a wonderful homespun feel. And I love the cross-stitch hoop. It brings me back because I used to to cross-stitch all the time! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet! I especially like your ribbon treatment and paper-piercing. Thanks for playing along with this week's sketch!

    ReplyDelete